"Tell Your Story" Submission Contest
Every family and community has their own unique story and traditions, and everyone should have the opportunity to tell those stories.
The West Palm Beach Downtown Development Authority and West Palm Beach Arts & Entertainment District, in partnership with The Cream Literary Alliance, want to honor those traditions by inviting local writers living in West Palm Beach to submit their family stories and traditions in our “Tell Your Story” Challenge for the opportunity to be published in our Short Story Dispensers!
- Submit short stories, creative nonfiction, and/or poems
- Only ONE work may be submitted per author
- No longer than 8,000 characters, spacing included
- Length must be 1-, 3-, or 5-minutes (read aloud)
- Writers must be 18 or older to enter and live in Palm Beach County
- All works need to be new, original, unpublished works.
Submissions open Monday, January 23 at 8 a.m. and close on Friday, March 10 at 11:59 p.m. CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT .
A committee consisting of board members of The Cream Literary, students from the Dreyfoos School of the Arts Creative Writing Program, and professional writers will judge qualified submissions. Selected stories will be contacted by email and publicly announced on Friday, April 14.
For questions regarding contest eligibility please contact Sabrina Lolo
For technical questions regarding the submission platform please contact Elizabeth Anderson